Journey To Africa is a culturally rich expression of African Influences on culture portrayed artistically through dance from a contemporary modernist perspective. If you missed the show, no worries. Purchase the MP4 download.
This program/project has been made possible by grants from the Alabama State Council on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.”
WHAT WE DO
Dance Levels is a 501c3 non-profit organization, governed by a Board of Directors. Our passion is to give everyone the chance to dance or the chance to experience dance on an empowering, inspiring and nourishing level
We strive to Encourage, Stimulate, Infuence , Achieve, Nurture, Enrich and Strengthen all whom we reach!
“ DANCE IS A LANGUAGE, BE MINDFUL WHAT IS COMMUNICATED!
– Maya Spivey
Our Mission is to provide everyone the opportunity to experience dance on a nourishing, empowering, and inspiring level!
– To provide a high quality, well rounded, dance education in an environment the enables students to grow creatively, develop
self-discipline, cultivate a positive image, empower, inspire, and respect themselves and others, with a focus to serve undeserved youth.
– To provide access for performing arts classes, performances, rehearsals, or events by providing a 2,200 square feet facility to
cultivate positive expressions.
– Expressively create works to motivate, inspire, and empower audiences to attain higher levels of themselves.
– To provide and collaborate in workshops, classes, after school care and other outreach program in and beyond our community.
We foster an environment that enables students to:
(1) Grow creatively
(2) Develop self-discipline
(3) Cultivate a positive self-image
(4) Empower, inspire, and respect themselves and others
(5) Transcend to higher levels in their lives
LAST YEAR STATS
COMMUNITY ACCESS EVENTS
POTENTIAL COMMUNITY REACH
We offer a well rounded dance education to our students. Contemporary focused with training in ballet, jazz, african, and acrobatics.
Dance Levels offers creative space for artist. Our facility is a 2200 square ft. ADA handicap accesible space for rehearsals, classes, peformances, and much more.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
We offer an afterschool program serving Pinson and Kermit Johnson Elementary Schools. Our program offer, dance, gardening, STEM, and much more.
We strive to nourish, empower, and inspire audiences to transcend to higher levels of themselves. Giving the opportunity to experience dance on another level.
We offer workshops, classes, and tours, in and beyond our community proactively ensuring that we give everyone the chance to dance . We have targeted efforts on undeserved communities and youth.
DANCE APPAREL AND ACCESSORIES
We offer dance clothing and accesories for dance artist to wear for classes, performances, and leisurely.